Forest Lake Area Schools is facing many financial challenges. The district has been forced to cut millions of dollars each year, and more cuts are forthcoming. The district is asking for public input on ways to address these challenges, and for guidance as to, ultimately, what kind of school district this community wants to have. The district is sponsoring six Community Conversations as a way to discuss the situation, how it came to be, and possible ways of addressing it. The Community Conversations will be held throughout the school district. More information is available on the district's Special Events page. The schedule is as follows:
• Linwood Senior Center - Tuesday, Jan. 30, 6 p.m.
• Columbus City Hall - Monday, Feb. 5, 6 p.m.
• Lino Lakes City Hall - Monday, Feb. 12, 6 p.m.
• Split Rocks in Wyoming - Tuesday, Feb. 20, 6 p.m.
• Scandia Community Center - Monday, Feb. 26, 6 p.m.
• Forest Lake American Legion - Tuesday, Feb. 27, 6 p.m.
We at Lino Lakes Elementary STEM School desire to provide a stimulating and challenging curriculum, a healthy self-concept in each person and a positive attitude toward immediate and life-long learning. Together with community and family support we will encourage respect for others and responsible world citizenship.