NEWS & INFORMATION
Parents, one way you can stay connected with what is happening at Forest Lake Area Middle School is to sign up for our newsletter. Just enter your email in the box below.
Forest Lake Area Middle SchoolAs part of the district’s Reshaping Opportunities for Success Project (2015-2020), Century Jr. High and Southwest Jr. High will merge into a single district middle school, located in the current Century building. Starting in the fall of 2018, this building will serve all district students in grades 7 and 8, and all 9th grade students will attend Forest Lake Area High School. The newly renovated middle school building will have undergone the following changes:Improvements for Better Learning
Upgrades of Safety & Security
- Classroom additions and renovations to accommodate all of the district’s 7th and 8th grade students in one building
- Renovations and upgrades to the existing Industrial Arts areas to improve learning.
Repairs and Deferred Maintenance Projects
- Reconstruction of the front entrance of the building and access control systems to improve the safety and security of students and staff
Click here to download a PDF of a print brochure containing information on the changes ahead for our middle school programs.
- Air conditioning extended to classrooms and other educational areas of the building that are not currently air conditioned to improve indoor learning environments
Replacement of existing building automation and temperature controls systems to improve occupant comfort and increase operating efficiencies
- Replacement of selected exterior window systems and select exterior door systems to ensure a water-tight building envelope and improve accessibility
- Parking lot and access road expansions and improvements.