Parent Aware 4 Star Rating
The Early Childhood Programs have received the highest possible rating by Minnesota's Parent Aware for early education settings. Teachers use a variety of research-based curriculum to build essential school readiness skills to provide a successful transition into kindergarten.
To obtain a Four-Star rating, the Early Childhood Programs demonstrated all One-, Two-, and Three-Star practices, AND commits to ongoing quality improvement by using these best practices:
- Responds to unique cultural customs and needs of children and families
- Offers activities that encourage family participation and help children transition to kindergarten
- Gives families opportunities to provide feedback about the program
- Shares child development updates with families to set goals together
- Makes accommodations for children with special needs and their families
- Has highly-qualified and trained leadership staff, teachers, and providers
- Creates a program-wide professional development plan
- Encourages healthy living through nutrition and physical activity, always evaluating to set goals for growth
For more information on Parent Aware and the rating system please visit www.parentaware.org.