Dates to remember
Dates are for registration for the 2019-2020 school year:
Week of January 6th, 2020: Materials given to Forest Lake Area Middle School 8th graders.
Week of January 21th, 2020: Registration workshop week in Ranger Connect. Materials will be reviewed with Ranger Connect teachers all week.
January 23, 2020: Information night for current 8th grade parents @ 6:30 pm - FLAHS Auditorium
- Receive important information about registration and the high school
- Receive Career Pathways booklet
- Ask questions and meet your student's dean
January 28, 2020: Students entering 12th grade will register in Ranger Connect.
February 3 or 5, 2020: Open house registration 4:00-8:00 pm
- Students currently in grades 8th, 9th and 10th must select one evening to drop in and register with a parent/guardian.
- First stop is to see the student's Ranger Connect teacher.
- The Ranger Connect teacher and room number are listed on the bottom of the registration checklist found in the registration folder that was given to each student.
- Lists of Ranger Connect teachers will be posted by the welcome stations on registration nights.
- Second stop is a check-in with the student's dean outside the media center.
- Third stop is at a computer in the Media Center to enter course requests.
- Before you leave, take a student-led tour departing from door 2 (near the front office), leaving every 15 minutes, starting at 4:30.
Current 11th grade students will be completing registration in Ranger Connect.
Parent Information Session
- Held in FLHS Auditorium
- This opportunity provides information on:
- Graduation Requirements
- Advice for Academic Planning
- Academic Programs & suggestions on course selection
- College Credit Opportunities
- General high school expectations
- Deans will be available to answer individual questions, following the presentation.
Registration Open House
- Current grades 8-10 students and parents pick one of the two nights to attend.
- Come anytime between 4 pm and 8 pm with the registration paperwork complete.
- Meet with advisor in classroom, dean outside media center, and then complete computer registration in the media center.
- More details how to prepare have been given in advisory or at the junior high buildings.
Registration Night Check ListBefore You Arrive to Register:
- Complete the registration worksheet carefully.
- Students should include 14 courses selections and 5 alternates. (Courses that require 2 spaces count as 2 courses.)
- Make sure a career interest is listed to help facilitate discussion of course selections. (See the career pathways booklet for more information.)
- Begin with the student's Ranger Connect teacher. The Connect teacher will:
- answer questions as they are able
- review that worksheets are complete and correct
- talk with students/parents about the student's plan for the future
- sign-off on worksheets, and send parents/students to meet with their dean.
- Students/parents will have a brief meeting with their deans to:
- answer questions that remain
- review registration worksheets
- make additional suggestions as appropriate
- Students will then move to the media center to input their final registration selections and alternates.
- When finished, turn in registration worksheet before leaving. (Deans keep those copies for reference.)
- Students will not be printing a copy of their course requests.
- Building tours lead by current students are available, leaving door 2 (near the front office) every 15 minutes starting at 4:30pm.