Forest Lake ElementaryAs part of the district’s Reshaping Opportunities for Success Project (2015-2020), Forest Lake Elementary, built in 1958, will receive many upgrades and repairs over the next few years. They include the following:Improvements for Better Learning
Upgrades of Safety & Security
- Interior finishes and replacements including cabinetry, flooring, ceilings, wall finishes, paint, etc., to improve learning environments and renew property value.
Repairs and Deferred Maintenance Projects
- Reconfiguration of the main building entrances to provide secure entry directly into office to improve the safety and security of students and staff
- Improvements to the security system and installation of an access control system.
Click here to download a PDF of a print brochure containing information on the changes ahead for Forest Lake Elementary.
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning improvements to meet current standards, improve student comfort and increase energy efficiencies
- Installation of a boiler to provide heat for the building, which previously was heated by the boiler at the Central Learning Center
- Replacement of existing exterior window systems and select exterior door systems for weather-proofing and energy efficiencies
- Bathroom renovations to provide appropriate accommodations and improve accessibility
- Upgrade existing building electrical service to accommodate current demands
- Replacement of exterior sealants, tuck-pointing and masonry restoration, for weather.