Wyoming Elementary events in BLUEDistrict-wide events in MAROON
Greetings. I know this is a stressful time for us all. As long as we stick together - at least 6 feet apart - we will get through this!
Wyoming staff is busily finishing the preparation for distance learning. Your teachers are still your teachers, and the rest of the staff is here to support you throughout this new challenge. Before we begin our first days of Distance Learning, Please take a moment to review the following key items and dates as we progress towards the start of distance learning.
- April 1st is the official start of school under the new distance learning model.
- Teachers will email the expected learning activities/assignments for the first 7 days (April 1st to April 9th) on April 1st at 8:00 AM.
- For those without internet access, or who have requested paper copies of materials, the pick up time for learning materials will be on Wednesday, April 1, from 8:00-4:00.
- Here is how the pickup will work:
- Choose a time to arrive through Signup Genius. That link is at the bottom of this email and on the school’s website.
- Families needing to gather materials for their student(s) will come into the parking lot at the stoplight and follow the arrows around the building to the railing outside the small gym door. A staff member will greet you at your car and ask for your students’ name(s) and grade(s). The materials will be gathered and brought out to your car. You will not be coming into the building.
- The first drop off of materials back to school will be April 9th. The official drop off and pick up will then shift to Fridays. Grading for this semester and these distance learning lessons will be pass/fail for all elementary students.
- Chromebooks will also be available for qualifying families to check out. Please communicate with your child's teacher if you need a device to check out.
- If you are requesting a Chromebook, enter the parking lot at the stoplight, and follow the arrow to Door 2. Both student and parent will be required to sign a contract outlining the guidelines for technology use, and requirements surrounding repair and replacement as set by the district. Those contracts and machines will be stationed inside the vestibule at Door 2. A sign will be posted outside the door for your convenience. When you have completed that step, continue to follow the arrows around the building to the railing outside the small gym door to gather the rest of the needed materials.
- For families who rely on school meals, a grab-and-go lunch and breakfast will be available for students starting April 1st at Forest View Elementary, Wyoming Elementary, Lino Lakes Elementary and the High School from 10:00-12:00 (families may pick up at any location). If you have difficulty getting to these locations for pickup, please contact me.
During our Distance Learning days, your child's teacher may offer "live" video conferencing sessions using Google Meet, Zoom or Canvas. This will be a chance for your child to connect with the teacher, ask questions and see classmates. We see this as a valuable tool to allow your child and teacher the ability to maintain their relationship and enhance learning.
These sessions may be recorded by the teacher and posted for later access by the class, so that if a student is unable to attend the session, they may view it at a later time. If you do not want your child's image to be displayed during these sessions, your child can either place tape on their webcam, or turn off the webcam when joining the session.
Please continue to monitor your email and the website for continuing updated information.
Here is the link to Signup Genius:
Interim Principal Kathy UngerechtBeginning April 1st, we want to continue to provide access to our school library during distance learning. The video below will show you how to access the online catalog at www.media.flaschools.org. Requests received by Wednesdays will be ready for pick up at the end of the week. The first day library books will be available for pick up is on April 9th. You may check out up to five books and return them as soon as possible afterward.
Please know that returned books will be quarantined for 1 week before being redistributed for the safety of our staff and families.
If you have questions or need help finding a book, please email Ms. Baxter at email@example.com.
For district students who depend on school breakfast and lunch, starting Monday, March 16, grab and go meals will be available at any of the following sites: Wyoming, Forest View, Lino Lakes and the high school between 10:00 a.m. and noon. Meals will be available each day during the school closure, with the exception of Spring Break (March 23-March 31). These meals are available to any district student, regardless of which school they attend.
KINDERGARTEN EXCELLENCE STARTS HERE!
ENROLL IN KINDERGARTEN!
Join our Forest Lake Area Schools family!
You may download and complete the enrollment forms and submit them to your child’s
school at any time.
FOREST LAKE AREA SCHOOLS 6100 N. 210TH STREET FOREST LAKE, MN 55025
or call 651-982-3154 to learn more.
PLEASE SCAN AND EMAIL FORMS TO firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifying for free or reduced breakfast
or lunch is easier than you think.
Click here for details: http://forestlakeschoolfs.com/
Did you know breakfast is free for all Kindergarten students?
Here Comes the Bus is now available for Forest Lake Area Schools
- View the real-time location of your child’s bus
- Access the app from your smartphone, tablet or computer
- Receive push notifications or email alerts
- Send your child to the bus stop at just the right time, every time
New District-Wide Bullying Prevention Form AvailableCommunity Education's "Digital Backpack"
The school district's Digital Backpack has information from area groups who sponsor opportunities for youth.
Latex balloons and gloves are prohibited in the school.