Statements of belief that drive our words and actions
We believe in equity.
- Creating a welcoming environment for all
- Awareness of student needs-emotional/physical/cultural
- Building cultural competence in the classroom
We believe that all students can and will be successful.
- Using positive affirmations
- Focusing on student strengths
- Unique classroom environment
We believe in building positive relationships with our students.
- Judgment-free environment
- Using student interests to motivate learning
- Being fully present with students
- Modeling positive relationships
We believe in student growth.
- Functionally preparing for the future
- Increase in self-confidence
- Academic/social-emotional growth
We believe in high expectations for our students.
- Growth mindset
- Assisting students in setting and achieving goals
We believe in educating and supporting the whole child.
- Accepting students from where they are
- Teaching and promoting empathy
- Providing proactive social/emotional support
We believe in providing resources and accommodations to meet student needs.
- Centering instruction on research and evidence-based practices
- Providing resources both in and outside of school
- Consistently following 504 and IEP accommodations