STUDENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The job postings below are independent from Forest Lake Area Schools and the Career Launch program. No credit or release time is provided for these job placements. These opportunities are posted here as a service to students and local businesses to help identify posistions appropriate for high school student applicants. Students are responsible for making application with the potential employment site.
Job description: shipping and receiving consumer electronics, maintain inventory, cut boxes/clean warehouse, importing/exporting files for tracking (requires computer skills), lifting up to 50# frequently.
- Open to students 16+
- Hours: 2PM or 3PM -5PM (earlier if school hours permit), summer hours and school breaks flexible between 9-5 M-F, not nights, holidays, or weekends
- Salary: $15/hr
- Send letter of interest (including qualifications, 3 references), resume (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org
-Wash and clean NEW and USED cars and trucks, detail interior including carpets and seats
-Required to assist on snow days to clean lot cars off.
- Hours for the position are 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM Monday – Thursday Friday 4:00 PM – 6:00 and Saturdays 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
-Contact Arley Overturf at email@example.com to apply.
-Valid drivers license and passed a drug test required.
Positions range from counselor, specialist, to support positions. From being a role model to preparing meals, these staff ensure girls have the best possible time at camp.
- All staff members must be at least 18 years of age or have graduated from high school by the start of the camp season, and live on-site unless otherwise noted.
- Pay rates are based on the staff member’s individual certifications and experience related to the position. Program Counselor pay rates: $275-$315/week Compensation also includes room and board (for those living on-site) and worker’s compensation insurance.
Click HERE to apply.
The Arena Building Attendant position is responsible to assist arena personnel in maintaining the
facility and the operations of the Sports Center.
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Wage is $10-12/hr
Learn more about multiple job opportunities including nurse's aides, dining servers, and housekeeping. Job Descriptions
Gaughan has created two business internships for current seniors. Both internships begin with a 30 day job shadow and have the potential to grow into paid internship experiences. For more information apply at:
- Real Estate Marketing & Communications Intern: https://www.indeed.com/
- Commercial Real Estate Intern: https://www.indeed.
- Accounting/Business Intern: contact Mrs. Bonnett
Indicate that you learned about these opportunities from FLAHS.
- Real Estate Marketing & Communications Intern: https://www.indeed.com/
CNC Milling OperatorThis candidate really needs to have the capacity to learn it all and have a good attitude. This is a custom parts machine shop so this person would be taught how to draw in MasterCam too. Definitely not a button pushing job so we need someone who is very intelligent for this position to get over the learning hump as soon as possible.15.00 to start. Up to 30.00 an hour over time with benefits once proficient.
High Performance Precision Tractor Parts AssemblerThis candidate would be putting together high performance tractor transmissions, clutches and differentials, etc. Looking for a good kid with excellent machanical aptitude, a good attitude and an eye for detail.15.00 to start. Up to 30.00 an hour over time with benefits once proficient.
Go to atlastractor.com to apply and/or contact Elisa at 651-428-4721.
CareAparent believes most people would prefer to live and age in place in their home as independently as possible for as long as possible. CareAparent is seeking part-time Caregivers to make that happen. Are you a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Patient Care Assistant (PCA), or Home Health Aide (HHA) that measures success by the happiness you create one relationship at a time? If so, read on!
This part-time caregiving position comes with a competitive wage of $13-$15/hour based on experience and certifications. We also offer flexible schedules that support college schedules, family obligations, and other personal needs. Plus, we have employee referral bonuses and opportunities for advancement within your career. If this sounds like the caregiving position for you, apply today! We also offer COVID-19 direct care training free along with career advancement training.
As a Caregiver / Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) / Home Health Aide (HHA) / Patient Care Assistant (PCA), you can help our clients age in place.
- Provide companionship and socialization
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation
- Personal & hygiene care
- Medication reminders
- Record keeping/clerical
- Support them in visiting with friends, attending events, or working on hobbies
- Encourage independence and promote family involvement as much as possible
You also are aware of safety within their home environments, reducing the likelihood of accidents and promoting a timely response to any concerns. In this way, you provide real peace-of-mind for the client and their families.
- High school diploma or equivalent (must be graduating Spring 2020 or be an alumni)
- Valid driver's license, reliable transportation, & auto insurance
- Ability to pass a background check, DMV check, and TB test
- Dependable and punctual
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and patient
- Respectful, compassionate, and honest
- Passion for caring for and helping others
The part-time schedule for this caregiving position has an average of 15-20 hours per week including occasional weekends. Client visits vary in length but are typically 2-6 hours within a 15-20 mile radius from your home in any direction. With a flexible schedule, you can decide the days that you work.
CareAparent is an independent locally owned medical and non-medical service provider serving the Twin Cities Metro Area with a wide range of comprehensive care. We are hands-on and client-centered, giving as much support as our clients want and need. Every service we offer is a response to the needs and goals of our clients and their families, and our efforts as a company are inspired by the desire to explore possibilities for meeting those needs. The individualized services we offer include skilled nursing care, personal care, care for the home and much more. Together we can provide the highest level of support and care possible.
Are you interested in a health care career?
Attend the virtual senior care career fair Mon., 5/11 from 10:30 -11:30 a.m.
Lifeguards at Lake Elmo Seim Pond, Big Marine Park Reserve, Square Lake Park, and Point Douglas Park.
Must by 16 years old.
Reimbursement for certification classes is offered. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Currently hiring for the upcoming season. Must be 16 years old. Pay ranges from $12 - 17/hr.
Apply at Magic Bounce Party Rental.
If you are a business in the Forest Lake School District, and would like job opening posted, please send a flyer that includes a posistion description, candidate qualifications and any other relevant information to Mike Miron at email@example.com.