Parents can sign up as an observer to their student's account so they can see assignment dues dates, announcements, and other course content. Observers can view the course content but cannot participate in the course.
This lesson is for parents who do not have a Canvas account and want to observe their students in their courses. In order to create a Canvas account, you will need the Forest Lake Area School's Canvas URL.
- To observe a student, you must have a student pairing code.
- Once you have an account, you may be able to view student information through the Canvas Parent app. If you already have an account from your student's institution as an observer, you can always view student information through the Canvas Parent app.
Open Canvas URL
- Parents need to use a different URL than that of students and teachers.
- The URL for parents to access FLAS Canvas login is https://flaschools.instructure.com/login/canvas
Create Canvas Account (your login screen may appear different than the one pictured below)
- Click the Need a Canvas Account? link.
- Click the Parents sign up here link.
- Enter Signup Details
Enter the following information:
- Enter your name in the Your Name field.
- Enter your email in the Your Email field.
- Enter your password in the Password field.
- Re-enter your password in the Re-enter Password field.
- Enter a paring code to link your account to your student in the Student Pairing Code field.
- Click the Start Participating button.
Note: Students can generate pairing codes from their User Settings. Admins and instructors may also generate pairing codes.
You can begin observing your student in Canvas immediately.
Additional Item Available from the Canvas Help Guides
Learn how to modify your Canvas notification preferences.