Student Safety Training
The Forest Lake Area School District Transportation Department is committed to providing safe and efficient school bus transportation for its students. Student safety training is a critical part of helping to maintain a safe bus environment. Parents can assist us by sharing expectations with their children about safe, courteous and respectful behavior.
During the first few weeks of school students will receive SCHOOL BUS SAFETY TRAINING and shall be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of at least the following concepts:
- Transportation by school bus is a privilege not a right
- District policies for student conduct and school bus safety
- Appropriate conduct while on a bus
- The danger zones surrounding a school bus
- Procedures for safely boarding and leaving a school bus
- Procedures for safe street crossing
- School bus evacuation and other emergency procedures.
The most dangerous areas are close to the tires and right in front of the bus
Student Safety Links