Special Education Advisory Council
The Special Education Advisory Council (SEAC) makes recommendations to administration about any one of the following activities:
- Advises the district on policies and decisions affecting and/or related to special education.
- Supports school staff in developing or improving special education services.
- Supports activities on the behalf of students with special needs.
- Assists in the development and understanding of cooperative relationships with regular and special education.
- Supports the special education budget at school committee meetings.
- Serves as a sounding board for parent and professional concerns related to special education.
- Serves as a parent liaison in an IEP (Individualized Education Plan) meeting.
- Analyze student learning results and make appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Assists in the support of parents and families of students with disabilities.
- Assures that the district's plan for the implementation of graduation standards includes provisions for all special needs students.
- Works together in the development of plans which will insure the continued implementation and/or reauthorization of IDEA (Individual with Disabilities Education Act).
2022-2023 Meeting Dates:
August 10, 2022 5:00pm - 6:00pm
September 20, 2022 5:00pm - 6:00pm
January 11, 2023 5:00pm - 6:00pm
April 5, 2023 5:00pm - 6:00pmCLC-STEP building200 SW 4th StForest Lake, MN 55025Please enter through door #6