Forest Lake Area Schools Transportation
Welcome to the Transportation Department of Forest Lake Area Schools. Our mission is to transport all eligible students in an efficient and timely manner in accordance with the Minnesota Department of Public Safety, the Minnesota Department of Education and Forest Lake Area School Board policies. We strive to create conditions that contribute to the success of students by providing comfortable, reliable and safe transportation service.
Most everything you need to know about the Transportation Department can be accessed by clicking the links above.
To contact the Transportation Department please call: (651) 982-8190
- The Forest Lake School District owns and operates 110 school buses and seven Type III school buses.
- School District buses travel over 1.6 million miles per year.
- Geographically, the School District covers approximately 220 square miles.
- 80% of the 135 Transportation Department employees are school district residents.
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, school buses are nearly eight times safer than the family car.
- Every year, approximately 440,000 public school buses nationwide travel 4.3 billion miles to transport 23.5 million students to and from school and school-related activities.
- The school bus is the only mode of transportation that has been reducing accidents, injuries and fatalities while increasing the number of vehicles, miles and passengers annually.