NEWS & INFORMATION
2016-2020 Facilities Project - Area Learning Center
As part of the 2016-2020 district Facilities Project, the offices and programs located in the Area Learning Center (ALC) will move to the building currently known as Southwest Junior High School. The changes to the Southwest building, in order to accommodate this move, will include the following:
IMPROVEMENTS FOR BETTER LEARNING
- Interior renovations to create a dedicated Area Learning Center section within the facility to better serve the needs of students and staff
- Development of an outdoor environmental / nature area.
UPGRADES TO SAFETY & SECURITY
- Reconfiguration of the main building entrances to provide secure
entry directly into office to improve the safety and security of
students and staff.
REPAIRS AND DEFERRED MAINTENANCE PROJECTS
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning improvements
throughout building to meet current standards, improve occupant comfort,
and increase energy efficiencies
- Bathroom renovations to provide appropriate accommodations and improve accessibility
- Replacement of existing aged roofs in several areas of the building to safeguard our building from water infiltration
- Replacement of existing exterior window systems to ensure a water-tight building envelope
- Replacement of exterior sealants and complete tuck-pointing and masonry restoration to protect our building asset
- Interior finishes and replacements throughout building including
flooring, ceilings, wall finishes, paint, etc., to improve learning
environments and renew our building asset
- Parking lot and access road expansions and improvements
- Site and activity field improvements (i.e., irrigation, landscaping, field re-configurations, walking paths, etc.).