MEDIA & TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT TEAM (TECH TEAM)
Our Goal: to support technology use in the high school, by developing students who can solve problems while interacting effectively with others.
Tech Team Members:
- Support high school students by providing:
- Technology repair of district-owned computers
- Troubleshooting of common technology issues
- Google Apps and web support
- Training new students on FLHS technology practices
- Support high school staff by:
- Serving as tech assistants during technology rich lessons
- Helping technical staff set up and manage hardware and software
- Providing building staff with tech support of hardware and software
How do I apply?Team members are part of a for-credit technology course designed as a vocational learning experience.
- For Tech Team I (a student's first year on the team) a student must register for a 1 credit commitment (equivalent of 2 high school courses) during a single academic year.
- For Tech Team II (only for students who have successfully completed Tech Team I) - students may register for 0.5 OR 1.0 credits per year.
What do student techs do?As a member of the Tech Team, students will spend their assigned class time staffing a “help desk”. Students are available for spontaneous problem solving, and they assist staff as necessary. While working on the team, students are expected to:
- interact with other students and staff in a professional and business-like manner
- show work ethics appropriate for any professional environment
- develop and demonstrate technical abilities and communication skills
- demonstrate self direction and personal initiative
- develop good time management skills
- take directions from superiors
- work well with others
What happens in Tech II (second year experience)?In addition, Tech Team II students are expected to:
- continue to work the help desk and do building support
- assist in training and supporting Tech Team I students
- provide deeper support for building needs