Parent Aware 4 Star Rating
Our Early Childhood Program has received the highest possible rating by Minnesota's Parent Aware for early education settings. Teachers use a variety of research-based curriculum to build essential school readiness skills to provide a successful transition into kindergarten.
To obtain a Four-Star rating, the Early Childhood Program demonstrated all One-, Two-, and Three-Star practices, AND commits to ongoing quality improvement by using these best practices:
- Responds to unique cultural customs and needs of children and families
- Offers activities that encourage family participation and help children transition to kindergarten
- Gives families opportunities to provide feedback about the program
- Shares child development updates with families to set goals together
- Makes accommodations for children with special needs and their families
- Has highly-qualified and trained leadership staff, teachers, and providers
- Creates a program-wide professional development plan
- Encourages healthy living through nutrition and physical activity, always evaluating to set goals for growth
For more information on Parent Aware and the rating system please visit www.parentaware.org.
Certified Childcare Center
In 2018 the Early Childhood Program became a certified site with the Department of Human Services. In order to obtain certification, the Early Childhood Program had to go through extensive training on:
- Infectious disease outbreak control
- Administration of medication
- Preventing and responding to allergies
- Building and physical premises: free of hazards
- Transporting children
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Mandated reporting
This certification means that we are better prepared to serve families in our district and are able to offer financial assistance through the acceptance of the Child Care Assistance Program.