A message from Jen Olson, Aquatics Supervisor:
Swim All Year, Save Money!
Let us help your child become a “swimmer”.
If you sign up for two consecutive swim sessions during the school year you will get the third session for half price. Consecutive sessions would be fall, winter, spring (all in one school year) or any three sessions during the summer. No other discounts will apply.
What does it mean to be a “swimmer”?
There is no guarantee that everyone will be safe in the water at all times, but there are some general skills all “swimmers” should have. A “swimmer” should successfully be able to:
- Swim a front crawl with rotary breathing for 25 yards
- Swim on your back with a finning arm action and flutter kick or backcrawl for 25 yards
- Jump or dive into deep water
- Tread water in deep water for one minute
- Back float in deep water for one minute
- Change swim positions from front to back and back to front in deep water
How to become a “swimmer”?
Passing Levels 1-4 will give a swimmer most of these skills. Levels 5-7 will continue to work on all of the basic strokes, introduce the breaststroke, butterfly, and work on distance swimming!