REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION IN COMMENCEMENTParticipation in the Commencement is optional. To participate, senior students must:
- Complete 26 credits, including all required courses
- Return all class and library materials
- Pay all fines and negative lunch balances
- Comply with the guidelines of Commencement.
Students who have not completed required classes, have not finished enough credits to graduate, have not passed MCA tests or taken an alternate college readiness test, or are failing a class that fulfills a requirement for graduation, will be placed on the Hold List. Students will be cleared from the Hold List by their teachers when they have completed course requirements and earned enough points to pass the needed class(es). If the student is not cleared from the list, they will not graduate, receive a cap, gown or tickets, nor participate in Commencement. Non graduates should be in contact with their dean to develop plans for finishing. Diplomas will be distributed once transcripts are completed and cleared.
CAPS, GOWNS AND TASSELS:
- Cap and Gown Pick Up: June 3, 8am-4pm, by door one. Follow the signs.
- Submit your Pic to be included in the Video Graduation Procession: Every graduation ceremony begins with the procession of graduates to the tune of Pomp & Circumstance. This year will be no different. Pomp & Circumstance has been recorded by the Minnesota Orchestra specially for the graduates of 2020. Come be a part of the show.
- Included with Cap and Gown: Tickets to the Recognition event, Graduation Program, Diploma Cover, Name Card
- The Graduation Link and Livestream Link will be emailed out and posted on our webpage by 4:30 on June 5th
- Please help us celebrate by Decorating your Vehicle
- Celebration of the Graduates Guidelines and Expectations: This Live Stream event only works if we all follow the guidelines and expectations set forth in this document. Please make sure to respect others and social distance at all times.
- Pictures: A professional photographer will take an individual photo of each graduate as they are recognized. Graduates may purchase the pictures from Lifetouch. Lifetouch will mail students an order form with picture proofs after the ceremony to purchase photos.
- Diplomas: Students will receive their diploma cover with their cap and gown. The official diploma will be sent in the mail over the summer after all credits, grades and other records have been processed.
- Rain or Inclement Weather: TBD
June 8 and After
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS:Academic Achievements will be noted in the program at the ceremony. Students whose symbols signifying those accomplishments may purchase those items on FeePay. These items will be placed in each student's cap and gown package to be picked up after graduation practice. The honor earned will not be determined until just prior to the ceremony. In the event that an honor wasn't accomplished, the student will not receive an item in the graduation package and the price of the item will be refunded through FeePay if purchased.
- Cap and Gown Return: June 8, 8am to 2pm (1 day only), door 1
- Refund of $10.00 for the cap returned, $10.00 for the tassel returned, $20.00 for the gown returned, or $40.00 for all items returned. Refunds will be credited to the account used to place the deposit. However, many students choose to keep these items as keepsakes.
- Final Transcripts: Request your final transcript from parchment between June 9 and June 30. You will need to update your college, military branch or your employer.
- Updating email contact information: By June 30 current seniors will no longer have access to their @flaschools.org email account. Remind your seniors to take important information from all of their school accounts, including, but not limited to: Parchment, Common App, colleges and NCAA.