Little Rangers Preschool Information
The Early Childhood Programs are an integral part of Forest Lake Area Schools (FLAS). We work together to assure that children transition smoothly into kindergarten. Our high-quality preschool classes focus on each child's social, physical, and pre-academic development. We use the curriculum Big Day for Prek by Scholastic to support a play-based approach to learning. This curriculum also allows children to engage in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) activities through hands-on exploration and discovery. The real-life skills that students develop through STEM help them become better problem-solvers and learners. Children will learn age-appropriate math, writing, music, art, language, and science while making friends and experimenting with their growing independence. Curriculum outcomes and objectives are aligned with the Early Childhood Indicators of Progress. Classes are taught by professional and dedicated staff who have extensive experience working with children birth to age five.
Little Rangers Preschool is available district-wide!
If you would like to visit one of our preschool locations, please call the site to schedule a tour:
Education Center - 651-982-8318
Columbus Elementary - 651-982-8900
Forest View Elementary - 651-982-8200
Lino Lakes Elementary - 651-982-8850
Linwood Elementary - 651-982-1907
Scandia Elementary - 651-982-3300
Wyoming Elementary - 651-982-8000
- All classes begin the week of September 14, 2020, and end the week of May 18, 2021.
- Orientation sessions will be held two weeks prior to the start of preschool. Information will be sent to families during the summer.
- Children must be the appropriate age by September 1, 2020.
- Many classes are integrated with Early Childhood Special Education.
- Limited transportation options for four and five year olds within your elementary school boundaries.
- Immunization forms are due upon registration for all students, including those participating in sibling care. You may fax your child's records directly to us at (651) 982-8375.
- Upon registration, your child's birth certificate or other forms of identification must be submitted to verify the child's birth name and birth date.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $40 is due with registration.
- Invoices will be emailed at the beginning of the month and due by the 10th of the month to avoid a $10 late fee.
- The Full Day Preschool fee is $34 per contract day. You will be invoiced for the actual number of contracted days per month. Half Day Preschool and Family Learning fees are listed monthly.
- All programs will be invoiced September - May.
- No refunds will be given for an absence or school closing (inclement weather days).
- Class fees and times listed are subject to modification.