Enroll in our schools
Find your school
Find out what school your student will attend by calling Information Services at (651) 982-3154. They can help you find a school by a specific property address. (Learn more about our schools)
How to Register
You can register your student in person at the school your child will attend, or by submitting the required forms below. You can return completed forms via email at email@example.com or through the U.S. Mail to the school your child will attend. (You can find a list of schools and their mailing addresses here.)
You can also register your student online. Families who are new to our district can enroll by clicking the button below. Families who already have students attending school in our district can go to their ParentVue account and add a new student.
Non-resident studentsIf your child does not reside within the geographic boundaries of Forest Lake Area Schools but wishes to attend one of our schools, please click here for Open Enrollment information.
Registering in-person at one of our school buildings or at our District Welcome Center
District Welcome CenterLocated at the Forest Lake Area Schools Education Center943 SW 9th Ave., Forest LakeEnter through Door #1Phone: 651-982-3175Hours: Weekdays, 8:30-3:00
Please bring the following information with you when you come to register your child:
- Copy of original birth certificate (required for incoming kindergarten students, or students who were not previously enrolled in another Minnesota public school district)
- Early childhood screening (for new kindergarteners only)
- Previous school's address, phone number and fax number
- A copy of the student’s immunization record
- The family’s address and phone numbers
- Emergency contact information
Registering by mail or emailPlease fill out, sign and return the following required documents to register your child. Also, please review the list of optional forms below and fill out and return those that apply.
- FLAS Student Registration Form (translated versions below)
- Minnesota Language Survey (translated versions below)
- Ethnic and Racial Demographic Designation Form
- Emergency Information Form
- Authorization to Release Information
- Immunization Form
- Copy of original birth certificate (required only for kindergarten students or students who were not previously enrolled in another Minnesota public school district)
- Copy of Early Childhood Screening (for kindergarten students only)
- Important note: Due to COVID-19, Early Childhood Screening appointments have been put on hold until further notice. Once guidance is provided by the MN Department of Education we will begin taking appointments. If your child has not been screened before entering kindergarten or preschool your enrollment will not be affected. We will make an appointment with you as soon as possible.
Optional FormsFree and Reduced Meal Application:Indian Student Eligibility Certification Form:If there is more than one family associated with your student:Forms for students who do not live within our district boundaries (See the Open Enrollment page for more information):
Other forms may be required at some schools. Please check with the school office at your child's school for more information.
FLAS Student Registration Form - Translated
Minnesota Language Survey - Translated